This cruise includes a trip along the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers, which are undoubtedly Europe’s most important and beautiful rivers. Start your cruise across Europe from Amsterdam on the North Sea along the fascinating Dutch waterways, through Germany and down to Nuremberg. You will visit the fascinating cities of Cologne, Würzburg and Bamberg and cruise the most important connection between the Danube and the Main: the Rhine-Main-Danube canal. Finally, you will pass the legendary Lorelei Rock, an inspiration for many writers and poets.
o City tour of Amsterdam with canal trip and North Holland
o Walking tour of Cologne
o Excursion to the National Park Siebengebirge and Drachenfels
o Walking tour of Oberwesel
o Walking tour of Miltenberg and Wertheim
o Walking tour of Würzburg with wine tasting
o Walking tour of Bamberg
Day 1 To our overnight hotel.
Day 2 To Amsterdam and we embark at 1600
Day 3 Amsterdam to Utrecht.
Day 4 Cologne
Day 5 Oberwesel
Day 6 Miltenberg to Wertheim.
Day 7 Wurzburg.
Day 8 Bamberg
Day 9 Nurenburg and we disembark for free time in Nurenburg before starting towards home and our overnight hotel.
Day 10 We return to the UK.
- Return coach travel
- Channel crossings
- Cruise amenities
- Itinerary and sightseeing excursions as stated
- Transport for excursions where necessary
- Full Board on the boat and Dinner, Bed and Breakfast at the overnight hotels
The 5 Star Amadeus Queen was put into operation this year and similar to its prominent predecessors, this ship will also continue the company’s orientation to high quality river cruises. This new vessel follows the award-winning model of the AMADEUS Silver ships but offers even further innovative developments. The popular concept of spaciousness has been maintained. This includes not only generous public areas but also spacious cabins: 12 large suites impress with an outdoor balcony and a cozy reading corner whilst the 69 standard cabins mainly have panoramic window fronts which can be automatically lowered and luxurious bathrooms. In the evenings the Amadeus Club is the perfect place in which to share the pleasures of the day with a glass of wine and relax to the gentle sounds of jazz or classics.
- “River Terrace” open-air lounge
- New on-board indoor pool, the roof of which can be opened in fine weather.
- Superb dining with all meals included in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant
- Free-flowing red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions with every dinner on-board (not during lunch)
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Daily music performances by on-board musicians
- Infotainment system in every cabin as well as flat screen TVs, in-cabin safe, individual climate control
- 24 hour coffee station
- Lift on board (operates between the Haydn, Strauss and Mozart-Deck)
- On-board amenities including a fitness room, massage room, beauty salon, souvenir shop and
- Lido-Bar on the sun deck